**Polk County Public Schools Student Code of Conduct, Section 2.06Click here to view the Code of Student ConductClick here to view the 2016-2017 Dress Code – EnglishClick here to view the 2016-2017 Dress Code – SpanishClick here to view the 2016-2017 Dress Code – Haitian Creole
Bottoms: Navy, black or khaki/tan color or jeans
- shorts, pants, skorts, skirts, skirted jumpers
- must be plain, solid-color twill or corduroy material, or denim
- No holes permitted, even if there is fabric worn under the clothing garment
- PANTS MUST BE WORN AT THE WAIST
Tops: Westwood School Shirt by Grade Level
- School t-shirts are $6 each and available through the front office
- 6th grade color is Royal Blue
- 7th grade color is Grey
- 8th grade color is Navy Blue
- Students can wear their club shirts or SAVE shirts when permitted by the principal
The Dress Code does not allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes, embroidery, decoration, etc. It also does not provide for overalls (overalls with pants or shorts), sweat pants, knit pants/skirts, leggings, etc.
Other dress code rules:
- shirts (including t-shirts) must be tucked in
- shorts/skirts must be mid-thigh or longer
- shoes must be safe, appropriate, and have enclosed heels or a heel strap (flip flops, slides and sandals without heel straps may not be worn)
- clothes must be appropriate size, with waist of garment worn at student’s waist
- clothing that is too tight or too loose is not appropriate for school
- a small logo is acceptable
School administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with district rules. For more information, please refer to the Code of Student Conduct for a copy of the student dress code.
2016 – 2017 Parent Curriculum Guide
The Parent Curriculum Guide contains valuable information and resources for parents on all aspects of Pre-K to 12 education in Polk County Schools. Check it out!
Code of Conduct
2016 – 2017 Code of Student ConductForms Included in Code of Conduct:
Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Supervision is provided between 8:40 and 9:00 and 4:00 to 4:20 only. Parents should drop-off or pick-up students between those times.
Parent Opt out of PE Waiver
Click here to download the waiver!
The Florida Department of Health requires 7th graders to have the following immunization:
- Tdap (1 dose) Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis
You must show documentation of the Tdap Before your child starts 7th grade. Current 6th graders should already have received the immunizations listed below:
- MMR (2 doses)
- Polio (4 doses)
- DTP/DTaP (5 doses)
- Hepatitis B Series
- Varicella vaccine (2 dose) or signed proof of the disease
Immunizations are available from your private medical doctor or the local health department (see list on the back of this page). Take your child’s complete immunization record with you to obtain the vaccine. Contact the school office ahead of time to pick up your child’s immunization certificate. Return the DH 680, Florida Certification of Immunization, to the school after each immunization visit.
Parents and students can stay updated to events at our school through text message. If you would like to be a part of this please text @44gf3 to 81010 in order for us to keep you updated.
For detailed instructions click here!
Our mission is to provide the highest quality education in a secure, positive, and rigorous learning environment for all students.