The mission of Westwood Middle School, a community of diverse learners, is to ensure rigorous and relevant learning experiences resulting in high achievement for our students.
One of the best things about this time of year is recognizing the great things that our students have accomplished. We are all excited to celebrate the achievements of our students. This year we are having our Awards Celebrations during the day, in our cafeteria. Please note the dates and times of each celebration and feel free to join us!
6th Grade – Wednesday, June 3, 9:15 am
7th Grade – Wednesday, June 3, 10:30 am
8th Grade – Thursday, June 4, 9:15 am
We are in the middle of our Scholastic Book Fair. This year, we also have an Online Book Fair where you can shop from the comfort of your own home. Books purchased from the Online Fair will be delivered to school (with free shipping!) after our Book Fair here at school closes. The Online Book Fair also gives you access to more books than we have here in the Fair. You can find the Online Book Fair here:
Good news!! FSA Testing is mostly over, except for make ups! We have End of Course Tests still to come, but the bulk of our testing is finished! It went very smoothly.
As we head into the end of the year, we have LOTS of events coming up. Please check the calendar on this webpage regularly for details. Here is a sample of the days ahead.
- May 5 – NJHS induction @ 6:00
- May 8 – FFA banquet @ 6:00
- May 11 – 12 – Algebra and Geometry EOC Tests
- May 12 – Chorus- Orchestra concert @ 6:00 in Cafeteria
- May 14 – 15 – 6th / 7th grade Science, Art, Ag EOY Tests
- May 18 – Civics EOC Test
- May 19 – 20 – 6th /8th grade Social Studies, Business, Technology EOY Tests
- May 19 – Band Concert @ 6:00
- May 21 – 22 – PE, Strings, Chorus, Band EOY Tests
- May 21 – Parent Night (incoming 5th graders)
- May 22 – 8th Grade Dance
Parents as you know we no longer have FCAT testing, but we now have the FSA (Florida State Assessment). We want to ensure that our students are getting the proper rest, and doing their personal best in their classes. We also want to stress the importance of the students getting to school and class on time. Our testing dates will be as follows:
- March 11, 2015 FSA Writing Test
- April 13 – 14, 2015 8th Grade ELA (2 day test)
- April 15-16, 2015 8th Grade Math (2 day test)
- April 20-21, 2015 7th Grade ELA (2 day test)
- April 22-23, 2015 7th Grade Math (2 day test)
- April 24, 2015 8th Grade Science
- April 27-28, 2015 6th Grade ELA (2 day test)
- April 29-30, 2015 6th Grade Math (2 day test)
- May 11- 12, 2015 Algebra I & Geometry (2 day test)
- May 18, 2015 Civics EOC (All 7th grade students
If you have any questions please be sure to contact Ms. Downing, Assistant Principal or Mrs. Dixon, Guidance Counselor and Testing Coordinator.
Thanks to all parents, guardians and students who attended Report Card Night! About 300 families visited with us. We appreciate it!
Join us tonight (January 29) from 4:30 to 7:00 for Report Card Night!
Students can attend with a parent/guardian and get their report cards early. Start in your 8th period class, pick up a “Passport” and your report card. Visit all your teachers, get your passport signed, head to the cafeteria for some pizza, and to turn in your passport. All students who complete their passport will get a FREE dress day on February 6th.
Acceptable bottoms are:
- Shorts/pants that are Khaki, Black, or Navy Blue
- Cargo pants are permitted
- All students must wear a belt
- Shirts must be tucked in
- 6th grade will wear royal blue WMS school shirts
- 7th grade will wear burgundy WMS school shirts
- 8th grade will wear navy blue WMS school shirts
- Shirts are $6 each and available at the school