The mission of Westwood Middle School, a community of diverse learners, is to ensure rigorous and relevant learning experiences resulting in high achievement for our students.
Parents as you know we no longer have FCAT testing, but we now have the FSA (Florida State Assessment). We want to ensure that our students are getting the proper rest, and doing their personal best in their classes. We also want to stress the importance of the students getting to school and class on time. Our testing dates will be as follows:
- March 11, 2015 FSA Writing Test
- April 13 – 14, 2015 8th Grade ELA (2 day test)
- April 15-16, 2015 8th Grade Math (2 day test)
- April 20-21, 2015 7th Grade ELA (2 day test)
- April 22-23, 2015 7th Grade Math (2 day test)
- April 24, 2015 8th Grade Science
- April 27-28, 2015 6th Grade ELA (2 day test)
- April 29-30, 2015 6th Grade Math (2 day test)
- May 11- 12, 2015 Algebra I & Geometry (2 day test)
- May 18, 2015 Civics EOC (All 7th grade students
If you have any questions please be sure to contact Ms. Downing, Assistant Principal or Mrs. Dixon, Guidance Counselor and Testing Coordinator.
Thanks to all parents, guardians and students who attended Report Card Night! About 300 families visited with us. We appreciate it!
Join us tonight (January 29) from 4:30 to 7:00 for Report Card Night!
Students can attend with a parent/guardian and get their report cards early. Start in your 8th period class, pick up a “Passport” and your report card. Visit all your teachers, get your passport signed, head to the cafeteria for some pizza, and to turn in your passport. All students who complete their passport will get a FREE dress day on February 6th.
Acceptable bottoms are:
- Shorts/pants that are Khaki, Black, or Navy Blue
- Cargo pants are permitted
- All students must wear a belt
- Shirts must be tucked in
- 6th grade will wear royal blue WMS school shirts
- 7th grade will wear burgundy WMS school shirts
- 8th grade will wear navy blue WMS school shirts
- Shirts are $6 each and available at the school